Monday, August 18, 2008

Devil May Cry 4

Monday, August 18, 2008
Today, I went to 'My Computer' (rofl) to find some new stuff. So, my eyes were attracted to this one little piece of DMC4 for PC. Curiously, I bought it and have it a try.

Before I do anything else... I went to the internet searching for the minimum system requirement to play it coz the DVD plastic cover didnt say anything. (You know what I mean by mentioning plastic =D). While I google for the info, I let the game install itself into my laptop. It is quite large... almost 8Gb I could say =D. Similar to HL2-Ep2.

So, I found something like this...

MINIMUM!
Processor: Pentium 4 3.0Ghz
Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz
RAM: 512MB for XP, 1024MB for Vista
Graphic Processor: nVidia 6600 and equivalent.


So that's from the internet. After installation, I search for any 'Readme.txt' inside the installation folder and found this piece of information.

1. System Requirements
----------------------------------------

-Operating System: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP *1
Microsoft(R) Windows Vista(TM) *1
-CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 processor supporting HT Technology or higher
(Recommended: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo processor or higher)
-Main Memory: Windows(R) XP : at least 512MB (Recommended: at least 1GB)
Windows Vista(TM) : at least 1GB (Recommended: at least 2GB)
-Video Card: DirectX(R)9.0c/Shader3.0 compatible, VRAM256MB,
NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) 6600 series or higher
*excluding NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) 7300 series
(Recommended: NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) 8600 series or higher)
-Sound Card: DirectX(R)9.0c compatible sound cards

-DVD-ROM Drive: DVD9 compatible drive
-Monitor: 640x480 (VGA) or higher (Recommended: 1280x720 or higher)
-Input Devices: Mouse & Keyboard required (Recommended: Xbox 360(R) Controller for Windows(R))
-Hard Disk Space: at least 8GB


Oh well... it seems like in term of CPU and GPU, my laptop fails... however I still want to give it a try =D

And voila!
It works!
It's playable!... on the lowest screen resolution. XD

...more importantly... it is on my Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz and Ati x2300, which are below the min requirement.
(well, of course, the fps is a bit low)

For me, it is unbelievable. Did the Shared Memory has something to do with this?
I have 8xxMB of Shared Memory if that is the case. I don't know, can someone explain?

So, now I'm playing a PS3 adapted game with my non-gamer laptop =D. Just tweak the setting a bit, and I'm playing in nice Frame per second =D... Here's the result using the game's performance test.

Rank C for average of above 30 fps. NOT BAD!

Ah! I need to get a better laptop cooler. From Cooler Master or Zalman perhaps?

(p/s: I'm in Kuching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
(p/s 2: SMSKian!, this week, there is a Karnival Sains or something like that, being held in our school, don't miss it!)
(p/s 3: I bought a laptop amplifier at Lowyat yesterday. Having USB as the power source, the sound is blasting off my ears with deep bass =D)
(p/s 4: I got back my flu, thanks to my cats)
(p/s 5: I also bought Shakugan no Shana Second ep1-24 from 'My Computer')
(p/s 6: I feel a lot of troubles driving the Avanza after abt a month not doing so ~.~)
(p/s 7: The DMC4 that I bought is the dual-DVD version. There is also a blue-ray version of it being sold there. Nah, I dont mean the original blue-ray, I mean the one that's in the plastic =D
"Zaman dah berubah, Dunia dah maju")

0 responses:

 
◄Design by Pocket