This guide is also for you if...
1) You are using Windows 7 (Might as well occur to XP or Vista, but the problem is less obvious for those OS)
2) You always open certain folders in your PC which contains A LOT of files particularly, music, photos, videos, documents.
3) ..and of course, you get annoyed by the time taken for all those files n its thumbnails to completely show up,
OR you hate hearing your hard disk making noises as those files are being accessed,
OR you imagine the equation 'lim n-to-infinity, [certain log eqn]
1. Go to the respective problematic folder.
2. Right-click it > Properties
Credit to 'http://www.ghacks.net/2010/02/04/fix-slow-folders-in-windows-7/'