Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Resident Evil 5

Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Yay! Capcom did it again!

 They have just released Resident Evil 5 for PC. Since I have been a fan the resident evil series... (started with 4 actually, so I don't mind if I'm not being acknowledged as pure fan), I can't help but dXXXXXXX it right away! Haha!
So now it's perfect. Last year a post of Capcom's Devil May Cry 4, this year; today, with RE5.
For post on DMC 4, here's the link  http://shahrism.blogspot.com/2008/08/devil-may-cry-4.html. However, the test on DMC 4 was on my previous laptop.

Bear with a lil prologue;

  Well, I have an exam on the next few days so I didn't bother finishing it. ah... de ja vu....
(well de ja vu coz, my previous post also sounds something similar; "I have more important thing to do so I'll leave it for now")

  Although I changed laptop already, it is still under entertainment category, not gaming laptop. I could have opt for the latter, but... 'Shahro budget 2009-2010' forbids and reviews for the cheapest gaming laptop in my area claimed that it couldn't last longer than 4 hours which'll be my concern for next few years.

In summary, I doubted it can let RE5 run smoothly. The PS3/xbox360 version looked sooo intense in graphics compared to DMC4. I just hoped that since DMC4 is playable at above 60 fps with high quality turned on, this one can get at least above 40fps.






So, with that in mind, I installed.
.
.
----------------
So after installation, which eaten up 8GB of my disk space, I searched for the Readme.txt and looked for the min requirement. I didn't run it, just to create some suspense atmosphere to myself. XD

Minimum System Requirements

CPU:
 - Intel(R) Pentium(R) D processor or higher
 - AMD Athlon(TM) 64 X2 or higher
System RAM:
 - Windows(R) XP : at least 512MB
 - Windows Vista(R) : at least 1GB
Video Card:
-DirectX(R)9.0c/Shader3.0 compatible with at least 256MB of video RAM
  - NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) 6800 series or higher
  - ATI Radeon(TM) HD 2400 Pro or higher
Sound Card:
 - DirectX(R)9.0c compatible sound card
DVD-ROM Drive:
 - DVD9 compatible Drive
Monitor:
 - 800x600 (SVGA) or higher

Compared each of those with my pc and then I said the following...
"WHAT??"

Ahaha, my PC passed all of them XDXD. Well, I expected the readme would sounds something like that aha! In fact, I predicted future game spec requirement b4 picking my battery-eco laptop so that it can 'at least make those famous games titles playable'. Ah that's not the point here. I was still hoping for the fps value.

I ran the game =)... Upon clicking the 'Press any key to start', I can hear the nostalgic evil-like pronounciation of "Resident Eviiiillll.. Fiiiiiveeeee!!!" Ahaha. Before this it was " Resident Eviiiil..... fouuuurrrr!!!" XDXD

And yeah! I love it, Capcom maintained the trend by putting an option to test PC performance, but this time there are 2 sub-option; variable and fixed. I think the variable option is more similar to DMC4's PC test, so I used that, so that I can compare. The result:



Another PS3 game is playable on my PC!!! Although with the minimum resolution, it manage to get the above 60 fps average with overall medium quality turned on. Yay!

Alas, now I have something to play during the holiday-to-come =).

--------
  Last year, I managed to completely finish DMC4 and unlocked ALL the modes by myself without any cheat/trainer,(Yeah, including the Hell to Hell and 101 Lvl Bloody Palace, but sadly not as skillfull as those people on youtube =(... ) . However I'm not sure about this one... This one has the fear element. I hate the unpredictables monster!Last time with RE4, I cheated to get through all the stages so that I know enemy's location and stuff before playing it for the second time. That way I won't be shaking my hand playing, ahaha.

  About completely finishing the game; In DMC4, you just exchange/unlock a combos, then you can use it limited to your will. But RE4, sigh*... you can buy/unlock new weapon but the amount of ammo you have depends on how many you gathered,... and stronger weapon usually requires different and rarer ammo.
SO HOW DO YOU EXPECT YOU CAN HAVE FUN KILLING ZOMBIES??? RE requires you to CONSERVE ammo!!!

Whatever, let just see what RE5 has to offer. Maybe something new I'll be interested at? Ahaha.
Okayz, that's all this time.

0 responses:

 
◄Design by Pocket