Friday, June 8, 2012

Phone problem

Friday, June 8, 2012
For this entry, I just want to spread that I think I found a workaround for network crash problem that happen when Location Service is used in iOS5 on iPhone 3GS (old-bootrom) with iPad baseband (06.15.00). The proposed redsn0w 0.9.9b6 solution didn't work for me.

First of all, this idea came from a comment at http://www.jailbreakqa.com/questions/75187/network-crash-that-happens-each-time-location-services-is-used-in-ios-5.

Basically, I used sn0wbreeze to create the custom IPSW and then shift-restore my 3GS via iTunes using the custom IPSW. Done.

In summary,
What I have before:
-iOS5.1 for 3GS custom made with redsn0w.
-Carrier unlocked with ultrasn0w.
-Network often crashes when Location Service is used like Google Maps, Foursquare ='(

What I have now:
-iOS5.1.1 for 3GS custom made with sn0wbreeze.
-Carrier not yet unlocked. I don't need to unlock it for now since I am using the official carrier. However I think ultrasn0w should be able to unlock it.
-So far no crash yet when Location Service is on.

I am not aware of any cons of using sn0wbreeze for the moment as it has been only a day since. Will update in case anything happen.

Update 1 (11 June 2012): I have been using Google Map and move around the city for the past 2 days. I found that the app takes longer to determine my exact location as I move from one place to another. Sometimes my "exact" location is off by 50 meter. So for now, it has not much use as GPS. Well, at least it doesn't crash.

Update 2 (21 June 2012): Did you heard about redsn0w 0.9.14.b1? Haha.

0 responses:

 
◄Design by Pocket