Saturday, April 4, 2009

Do you believe in Charms?(revised)

Saturday, April 4, 2009
What I mean by charm here is not an attribute as in "she is charming~". No
It is the charm which refers to words or ojects that is believed to have magic power.(Oxford)

On the other day, I read this one book and went into a scene where a character asking the other character this questions.
"Do you believe in charm?"

...and as expected he answered.
"No, that's ridiculous"

In fact, I've encountered many similar scene as above, in internet fictions, movies, and J-sources. Not necessaryly in the form of words though. Some appear in the form of Talisman. A common storyline will show something like this;
~
Before a hero goes into a life or death battle, the heroine will give him some sort of [object/words] to be hold, or to be kept as sign of good luck.
Then, in the battle, as the hero comes into the intense situation or in the verge of defeat, he is reminded of the [object/words] thoughtfully, have a deep insight on the heroine's trust on him, blablabla,
then he is back with more courage or in lame cases, new power to win the battle
~
This is what we call as plot device.


Now back to my 'craps'.
Erm, sincerely, I prefer to call this a message to my friends, but oh well

I do BELIEVE in charms in term of words. I have actually acknowledged its existence since the beginning of 2005, the year of PMR.

It is a charm that WORKS! You can spit it out anytime, anywhere, and you will see INSTANTANEOUS effect! You don't have to prepare any kind of ritual for it. Heh!

I'll present some of them in the form of common conversations in class. The Charm itself is highlighted in Red.

..............................................................

Case 1:
A: "B, can you help me with this question?" showing his Maths homework to B.
B: "Oh, no! Sorry. I may be good in other class, but please, not this one. I'm bad in solving equations"

or its variation...

A: "What is your mark for Bahasa Malaysia?"
B: "89"
A: "Power!!!"
B: "Nah, I'm not that good. I'm sux in [certain other subject]"

or...

A: "Do you get what the teacher taught just now?"
B: "No!!!! Shit!! Those things are all confusing. I can't understand at all!!"

..............................................................

well.. there are many other similar charms. They are actually easy to be identified. Basically, they are sentences that conclude your uneasy situations.

Therefore... if you think you haven't play too much yet, or miss enough lessons in class, remember these Charms! Like I said, they works INSTANTANEOUSLY!
You'll see your mark drops in the next exam.

However, it can't be denied that there are other type of charms that can't go along with those mentioned above. I call them X-Charms.

These X-Charms could be embedded into above conversations as well. I'll highlight them in Green.

..............................................................

Case 1:
A: "B, can you help me with this question?" showing his Maths homework to B.
B: "Oh, no! Sorry. I may be good in other class, but please, not this one. I'm bad in solving equations. Let's try it first, if can't, we seek for advice."

or its variation...

A: "What is your mark for Bahasa Malaysia?"
B: "89"
A: "Power!!!"
B: "Nah, I'm not that good. I'm sux in [certain other subject]. But I won't let those subjects prevent me from graduating for sure."

or...

A: "Do you get what the teacher taught just now?"
B: "No!!!! Shit!! Those things are all confusing. I can't understand at all!! Can you help me?"

..............................................................

These X-Charms, as oppose to the normal charms, brings the value of humbleness and curiosity of how to resolve the uneasy situation.

If you are not aware of these things in your talks, the effect of the normal charms might be reduced or worse, reversed!!!! Yes, there are also people who only practice the X charms. So please be aware.

*sigh


[p/s1: Today, I suffered so much during the OSSLT test. Not because of my runny nose which also could be blamed in some way. It is because of this Kumikyoku xxxxx☆xxxx keep playing in my ears. OTL I ended up finishing my last sentence of my essay in the first negative 5 seconds. The invigilators on duty even pulled my pen to stop me. LUCKILY, I manage to write everything I wanted to. Ahaha! Dear Miss Invigilator, your attempt to stop me has failed =P]

2 responses:

Daniel Drake Carlos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daniel Drake Carlos said...

So "kata-kata itu doa?", is that what'cha try'na say here? Intersting.... :P

 
◄Design by Pocket